Lessons Learned From My 14 Day Boot Camp!
When it starts to get warm outside and we Atlantans find ourselves in the fog of yellow pollen, it is time to come out of our cocoon, put on our shorts and sleeveless tops and go for a walk in the park.
This is where I found myself two weeks ago. About to go out into the beautiful sunshine in my spring wear.
Then I caught a glimpse of my legs and upper arms. What the heck had deposited itself there during the winter? I hadn’t even seen it creeping up. But there it was. Some extra bumps and lumps.
Okay…cellulite. I hate that!!!
I had a big pity party for myself. Told myself it simply wasn’t fair. I listened to my thoughts scream at me, berate me and then rationalize about how it didn’t really matter. I had great eyes. That’s what people will focus on. Not the bumps on the front of my legs.
While looking myself right in my beautiful eyes, I told myself it was time to budge the pudge. How do we do this? By moving the sludge with a 14 day T-Tapp Boot Camp!!!!
Here is what I decided I would include in my Boot Camp:
1. Do a T-Tapp workout (at least 45 minutes).
2. Skin brush and use my Super Spiffy Skin Cream
3. Eat clean and balanced
4. Drink my greens drink and take at least 9 alfalfa daily.
5. Drink at least 64 ounces of clean water a day and add some peppermint and/or grapefruit essential oil to it for detox and lymphatics.
I actually do most of these things anyway but for 14 days, I would do them mindfully and with intention.
Today is the 14th day!
Here is what I did:
1. Did a T-Tapp Workout for at least 45 minutes 13 out of the 14 days. I already reported about last Sunday when I only did 2 sets of hoe downs. So actually I did 6 day boot camp and a 7 day boot camp. 3 of the workouts were over an hour long.
2. I skin brushed and used my Super Spiffy Skin Cream every day. This is the first time I’ve ever been that consistent with my skin brushing!
3. Ate clean and balanced every day!
4. Drank my greens drink and took 9 alfalfa daily.
4. Drank all my water with the essential oils.
Results? I know you are waiting in rapt anticipation for my results. You probably figure I’m going to tell you how I lost 20 pounds and 25 inches like other success stories you’ve read.
I hate to be a big disappointment but my results won’t blow you away. I lost 3 pounds and 4 inches!
I swear the cellulite in the front of my legs is considerably less noticeable and that thrills me. I think it’s because I did Awesome Legs everyday and I massaged a special blend of therapeutic essential oils into that area each night.
I noticed more muscle definition in my legs and upper arms. Of course I was hoping to whittle my middle but we all know how that is!
While those kinds of results are what we all want, I love to reflect on what I learn when I’m being more focused on my self-care.
1. It’s so easy to eat mindlessly and forget about the handful of nuts or the extra few bites of food we eat at dinner. It’s these extras that we forget we ate that makes the difference between being at the weight we want and being a few pounds more.
2. Stay mindful and committed when in social situations. I can eat so many calories without even realizing it because I’m eating while talking, laughing…
3. Skin brushing WORKS!!! I’ve been sharing the skin brushing for 12 years. I know it works but I’ve never been consistent with my own brushing. Your skin will look and feel amazing if you brush it and feed it high quality nutrients and lots of greens.
4. T-Tapp continues to work even when you’ve been doing it very consistently for 12 years!!! But only if you do it mindfully and with the intention to activate all your muscles during each and every move. Can you say “feel the heat???”
5. If you want to crank up your fat-burning, interval training has been proven to work. Use Hoe Downs all through the day and you’ll get the fat-burning, blood sugar lowering effects with out the inflammation.
That’s a lot to learn from a 14 day boot camp. Many of you were following along with your own boot camp. Love to hear what you learned. Either comment here or come over to my facebook page and share!